Do you want to merge 2 positions into one but afraid to loose the recommendations? Or perhaps you want re-assign a recommendation that is accidently assigned to the wrong position?
The good news is that it is possible to do this. What you’ll need to do is (temporarily) remove the position associated with the recommedation. This will cause any recommendation assigned to it to be placed into an “unassigned” status. The next step is to reassign the recommendation to another appropriate position.
These are the steps to be taken to reassign recommendations, according to LinkedIn:
- Click on “Profile” at the top of your home page. This will take you to the “Edit My Profile” page.
- Scroll down to the “Experience” section of the Profile and click on “Edit” next to the position where the Recommendation is improperly displayed. This will take you to the “Edit Position” page.
- Copy the text displayed in the “Description” box and then paste the information into a document to be referenced later in this process.
- Click the “Remove this position” link under the “Update” button.
- Click the “Yes, delete” button to confirm.
- Click “Add Position” in the “Experience” section of the Profile to re-add the position.
- Copy and paste the job description (saved earlier) into the “Description” field.
- Complete any open fields for the position and click on “Save Changes”.
- Go to “Settings” and click on “Manage Recommendations” in the “Profile Settings” section.
- Scroll down towards the bottom to find the “Unassigned recommendations” section and click on “Show recommendations”. This will let you view any unassigned Recommendations.
- Locate the Recommendation and select the position you want it assigned to from the dropdown list provided.
- Click on the box next to “Show this recommendation in my profile”.
- Click on the “Save Changes” button.