Recent research has highlighted that employment in the UK continues to be driven by small and medium enterprises (SME’S).
Stephens Scown Solicitors have researched and discovered emerging trends relating to employment in the UK; their findings show:
- 4.8 Million business in the UK private sector
- 29.6 Million people employed, 23.9 Million Employees
- 99.2% of UK businesses have less than 50 employees.
- 67% of businesses plan to hire.
- 72% of businesses cite lack of specialist skills as main recruitment difficulty.
- 42% of employees say they are under excessive pressure at least once or twice a week.
They have put together a creative infographic to showcase their findings: