Did you know that Facebook is responsible for 20% of all US Internet traffic? That might explain why they’re worth approximately 100 Billion Dollars these days. Here’s a list of the most compelling facts and figures about Facebook.com.
- 901 million monthly active users.
- Most popular page: Facebook, with 67,385,331 fans.
- 300 million photos uploaded per day, as of March 31, 2012.
- By the end of March 2011 there had been 125 billion friend connections
- Users are registering 3.2 billion Likes and Comments per day.
- Average time spent is 19 minutes a day.
- Most popular app: Socialcam, with 51,500,000 users.
- More than 42 million Pages with ten or more Likes at the end of March 2012.
- Facebook is available in more than 70 languages.
Is Facebook still growing in usage with 901 Million worldwide users? Yes it is, on average 398 million users were active with Facebook on at least six out of the last seven days.
About the company
Facebook was founded by Mark Zuckerberg in February 2004, initially as an exclusive network for Harvard students. It was a huge hit: in 2 weeks, half of the schools in the Boston area began demanding a Facebook network. The company has 3500+ employees with headquarters in California and an European Headquarter in Dublin, Ireland. They bought Instagram recently for 1 Billion US Dollars, which isn’t a social media website but a mobile app. A mobile app that has nearly 40 million users.
Current stock price:
Top 10 Facebook countries
Approximately 80% of our monthly active users are outside the U.S. and Canada. Brazil is the busiest Facebook audience with 76.7% of the online active audience visiting Facebook in March 2012. The following stats include the growth rate in the past 6 months of the top 10 countries.
|2.||48041640||+17 588 380||+57.76%||23.89%|
|3.||46307580||+8 262 580||+21.72%||3.95%|
|4.||42586260||+1 756 540||+4.30%||17.53%|
|5.||33579520||+3 458 120||+11.48%||29.86%|
|9.||24436340||+1 188 000||+5.11%||37.73%|
|10.||23686860||+2 052 480||+9.49%||28.79%|
Top 10 Facebook Brand Pages
The most popular brand is Coca Cola with over 42 Million Fans.
Facebook page name
Demographics of users
Perhaps you expected this already but Facebook attracts almost twice as much people in the age of 18-24 than other sites (internet average). People older than 35, and 55+ in particular, don’t visit it often. Besides that, the average user is not much different than the average internet which is again not a big surprise with 901 million users.
Facebook has the highest volume of job seeking activity overall, with more people receiving job referrals, updating profiles and making new professional connections. But more than 1/3 of job seekers that have a Facebook profile don’t use it in any way to look for work. On the other hand, nearly all job seekers with a profile on LinkedIn and almost ¾ of those on Twitter leverage their networks for job hunting.
Mobile users now make up half of Facebook’s user base. In the developed countries, mobile usage growth has is approaching saturation point. In developing countries the use of mobile is predominant with telecommunications infrastructure being built around mobile technology instead of fixed. This is evident with countries like New Guinea (78%) and Nigeria (81%) having some of the highest Facebook mobile penetration in the world.
- 54% Penetration of Facebook mobile (488 million out of 901 million users)
- Android and Apple share the largest mobile platform usage at 19% each
- iPad is 5% of Facebook mobile usage
- The top 5 countries using Facebook mobile are USA, Indonesia and India followed by the UK and then Mexico
Sources: Facebook, Socialbakers, Google, Wikipedia, Quantcast, Recruiter University