I started last year with publishing facts and figures about the usage of LinkedIn globally and since then created special reports about countries such as The Netherlands (World Champion LinkedIn), Belgium and United Kingdom. Because my co-author of the book ‘Career Management via LinkedIn‘ is currently attending the 2011 International Career Conference in Cairns, Australia (#CDAA2011) I’m adding another country to this list; Australia!
Did you know that the LinkedIn.com site has 1,783,067 members from Australia at this moment (and not 2 million as reported by some websites)? The number of people that visit LinkedIn.com has been growing spectular this year and currently hits 1.7 Million people from Australia who generate 41,844,984 page views (8.75 Average Page Views per Visit). Moreover, the number of unique visited that website has more than tripled!
Other interesting LinkedIn Australia facts:
- The most visitors ever was on 4th of April 2011 with 182 thousand in one day.
- Average 25.45 Monthly Page Views per Person
- Average 2.91 Monthly Visits per Person
- Most connected industries: IT (149,805), Financial Services (70,443), Accounting (49,479) and Marketing/Advertising (47,894)
- Most connected Australian companies: Telstra (10,868), National Australia Bank (8,329), Commonwealth Bank of Australia (6,789), Westpac (6,483) and IBM (6,430)
- Only 67,274 people work more than 10 years at their current company
- 76% is keen to receive messages about new ‘career opportunities’
The demographic of the average LinkedIn user in Australia, relative to the general internet population, looks like this: