Have you claimed your LinkedIn Company Page yet? It’s an easy way for job seekers to be informed about the latest news and developments within your company and, moreover, when you post vacancies they are the first to know about it.
Below is a roadmap to do this. But before you start, you must meet the requirements for a company page to edit:
- You need to be a current employee of the company and your position is listed on your profile.
- You have a confirmed email address of the company registered to your account. View your registered e-mail addresses under “Settings”. The e-mail address must be unique for the company and owner of the e-mail domain (eg firstname.lastname@example.org).
Note: Common e-mail domains such as yahoo.com, gmail.com, hotmail.com or others cannot be used in the creation of a company page as they are not unique to an individual company.
Then, perform the following steps:
1. Select “Companies”in the top menu of the homepage and look for the name of your company.
2. Click “Edit” at the top right of the Company “Overview” tab.
3. Edit information if necessary.
4. Click “Publish”.
If the “Edit” link is not visible, take the following steps to ensure that the tasks on your profile is properly connected to the company name:
1. Click ‘Profile’ at the top of your homepage.
2. Click ‘Edit’ next to the position in the “Experience” section of your profile.
3. Click on “Change Company” and begin typing the name of the company. A dropdown menu appears.
4. Click the correct name of the company. This step is very important!
5. Click “Update”.
6. Follow the steps above for the business page to edit.
If you are still unable to edit information on your LinkedIn Company page, you can contact Customer Service with the following information:
1. Company name.
2. The change you want.
3. And make sure you have an email address of the company you registered to your account.
Here are alsi some limitations when editing key areas on the company page:
1. Company name: up to 100 characters.
2. Description: 200 minimum and up to 2000 characters.
3. Specials: up to 256 characters.
4. Website URL: maximum 256 characters.
There are many (free) possibilities to enrich your LinkedIn Company page with information about your products and services. Check out my company page on LinkedIn which includes 3 tailor made banners with links to my websites: