On request by UK newspaper City A.M., I’ve compiled a list of facts and figures about the usage of LinkedIn in the United Kingdom. Did you know that the LinkedIn.com site has 4,712,656 UK members at this moment?
This month I expect they will break the 4 Million barrier of people that will visit LinkedIn.com in the UK. In fact, on the 4th of January 2011 LinkedIn.com had the most visitors ever: 498 thousand in one day. This may not become as big surprise as the first working day / week is one of the busiest days in Recruitment.
The number of monthly visitors at LinkedIn.com (directly measured) keeps on growing spectacular:
Please note that the dip during summer and Christmas period is very typical for internet usage.
Other interesting LinkedIn UK facts:
- The percentage of users logging on from home/work (UK): 38% business / 62% home
- 1% of the ‘Addicts’ are responsible for 24% of all page visits
- The amount of time spent by users on the LinkedIn site: 7.3 minutes (3-month average)
- Most connected industries: IT (324,770), Financial Services (188,786), Computer Software (124,785) and Marketing/Advertising (119,958)
- Most connected UK companies: NHS (18,140), BT (11,536), Royal Bank of Scotland (11,221), IBM (9,217) and HSBC (8,557)
- 209,336 people work more than 10 years at their company
- 1,963,531 work less than a year at their current company but only 80,532 have less than 1 year of working experience
- 73% is keen to receive messages about new ‘career opportunities’
The demographic of the average LinkedIn user in the UK, relative to the general internet population, looks like this:
In other words, you’ll find more middle age man with no kids and a higher income and education level than the internet average on LinkedIn.com.