“Because the Audience is more intelligent than the Speaker.”
After very succesful and fun #truLondon and #truAmsterdam events, I look forward to lead a track again at #truManchester on 8-9 September 2010 (#truManchester Track List). I’ll be involved in tracks about LinkedIn, Social Media Recruitment and other (international) recruitment related topics. Other tracks include The Candidate Experience, A War For Talent?, Social Media Circus, Phoenix Recruiting, Linking In, The Future For H.R., Recruiting Technology, Sourceology and the UK, Job Board 2020,Battle of the Bloggers, Facing up to Facebook, The future for Recruiting, Next Generation Recruiting and much much more.
For people who haven’t attended an unconference yet, here’s some more information. An unconference is an event different in most ways to a traditional conference. There are a few simple rules to understand before deciding to sign up for an unconference:
- There are no presentations or Powerpoint
- Any attendee can lead a track on any topic of their choice
- The role of the track leader is to facilitate conversation not to dictate it. Any attendee can speak at any time, we just ask that you show common courteousy to all the other attendees.
- Tracks initially last for 1 hour
- Attendees are encouraged to move between tracks at any time. don’t stay around being bored in order to be polite
Apart from that, pretty much anything goes. You can network in the coffee hour, question and disagree with the track leaders and start your own tracks at any time.
Track leaders that have been confirmed so far:
- Amanda Hite
- Arie Ball
- Charlie Duff
- Dave Martin
- Felix Wetzel
- Gordon Lokenberg
- Graham Salisbury
- Jacco Valkenburg
- James Mayes
- Jeff Dickey-Chasins
- Jennifer McClure
- Jorgen Sundberg
- Katharine Robinson
- Lisa Scales
- Mark Williams
- Martin Edmondson
- Mervyn Dinnen
- Peter Gold
- Rob Van Elburg
- Simon Lewis
- Steve Ward
Get your tickets or read more about this recruiting unconference here; http://trumanchester.wordpress.com. Hope to see you there!